Six Months After Re-arrest Of A Kidnap Kingpin Wadume, Police, Army On Mute


Many Nigerians have expressed concern over the silence of the police and army on the situation of Kidnap lord, Mr. Wadume Hamisu, from Ibi community, Taraba State. 

The police had on 20th August, 2019 effected the re-arrest of the kidnapper at his hideout at Layin Mai Allo Hotoro area of Kano State.

Wadume revealed that military personnel killed three policemen that arrested him while they drove him away in a red car, the soldiers after killing the policemen took him to a military captain’s house and set him free. This gave him the opportunity to escape to Kano through Nasarawa.

In his confessional statement, the 34 years old young man explained how he was engaged in the business of selling guns, revealing that Fulani herdsmen were his biggest customers.

A captain in the Nigeria Army, Mr. Tijani Balarabe, was alleged to have ordered the killing of three policemen that arrested Wadume.

General Abayomi Olonisakin, the Chief of Defence Staff had constituted a panel to investigate the circumstances that led to the killing of three policemen by soldiers of the 73 battalion.

Recall that a panel was set up on the directives of President Muhammadu Buhari Buhari over the matter. The panel in its statement recommended stiff punishment for soldiers found guilty of having colluded with or played ignoble roles in the circumstances leading to the killing of the policemen and a civilian as well as the freeing of the Kidnapping Kingpin (Wadume).

Though, following months of silence, some Nigerians are now expressing worry over the action of the police and army for not updating the general public on the matter.

There are suspicions that the army and police were trying to cover up the matter following the indictment of top politicians and security operatives.

Efforts by our correspondent to get update on the matter from the spokespersons of the police and army proved abortive.


About Author

Leave A Reply